Monday 7 May 2018

Using Character Backgrounds into pre-written adventures



Here is the background story that one of my characters sent me,



Character Backstory 

 "I think that I am a half-orc of questionable / uncertain parentage. Abandoned shortly after my birth, I fended for myself and lived traveling from town to town looking for odd jobs as a day labourer, hence my illiteracy and dope physique (being ripped as shit). I’ve been taken advantage of several times throughout my childhood. What seemed like a generous and lonely benefactor, *CEO of a major company*, double crossed me and sold me into a forced labour camp, clearing trees and building roads (I have to decide on the area, but this plays into my Wanderer Feat and explains why I am so familiar with the surrounding geography / maps.) This experience also exacerbated my authority issues. That is why my character can be somewhat chaotic at times. I’m lashing out against authority, *CEO's name again*, and the parents that abandoned me. Eventually, I escaped from the labour camp and joined the Bloody Skulls, a vicious tribe of full blooded Orcs. Despite my half-orc blood, I blended into the group well. Only one member, Dank Vaper, took umbrage with my parentage. We fought constantly. The final straw with Dank occurred one night when he attacked me while I was sleeping. He restrained me and then cut sweet, sweet, luscious hair off. I flew into a rage, escaped my bondage, and tried to kill him. The rest of the tribe separated us and eventually sided with Dank because of his full Orcish blood. The Bloody Skulls attacked me and left me for dead. To this day I look for signs of Dank Vaper to exact my revenge."



Book three of the Rise of the Runelords campaign calls for a clan of Ogres that have taken over a fort. We will replace 65% of the Ogre encounters within with Orcs of the Bloody Skulls, I will touch on this in the future as I have to still finish book two.
 Of coarse I will add in the viscous Dank Vaper but I want to have him riding a dragon or wvyern (winged beast) to get him a way to escape death and be a recurring villain for Charles the Barbarian.

It is a simple task to swap out one name for another and make a villain character or take a pre-written one out of another book. I may even let him get killed and bring him back as undead if books four,five have some undead in it 😀

Will add more in the coming weeks, once I get through book two and start working on conversions for book three the hook mountain massacre.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment