Thursday 26 April 2018

Theater of the Mind

Going back to my roots of RPGing with theater of the mind. I'm finding this exciting compared to miniatures and far more easy to run the game.
I have begun reading articles from Merrics Musing ans Sly flourish has shown me the benefits of not using my over two thousand Pathfinder pawns and the same in actual D&D/Pathfinder miniatures.

Last session we did an encounter on a farmstead that has been over run by ghouls and the group had to go into the long grass





Instead of a projected map I went with theater of the mind and rather enjoyed it. I liked that the game went quick and easily flowed, from combat to exploration.
I have a ceiling mounted projector but found theater of the mind to easier to get the party confused with which way to go and what to do. I have another session this Sunday as we took a month off due to exams from University and are playing back to back sessions to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment