Sunday 18 March 2018

Work, Campaigning & 5e

With the slow down pending I have finally more time to work on the upcoming sessions.

I enjoy my time off but I would like to game more, but currently does not work into my schedule. Twice a month is currently my cap. I could do another group/extra sessions if I did not run the game.

I have read a few adventures from 5e and have to say Paizo's adventure paths are written more to my liking. It's my opinion, so to you, you may disagree.

going back 5 campaigns I did the same as I did my last one.
I gave paths that the group choose and used those paths in the game.
5 campaigns ago I use the D&D 3.5 rules and ran the game exclusively out of Dungeon magazine.
I would throw down 4 to 6 choices of which were adventures of the appropriate levels and then change them to meet the world and the players needs.

I like to give the group questions that they answer as the characters they portray and work that into the game, Like old enemies (make them the enemy in the adventure) backgrounds, etc....

I like to do the same with every adventure I run. This time I'm co-DMing so it's hard to do it.
It is different method I have to use and have not come up with one yet?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment