Wednesday 21 February 2018

release schedule of 5e

Starting to get a little irritated with the release schedule of 5e.

I want more! I want Dungeon Magazine back!
If they released Dungeon Magazine bi-monthly and digital we would (as DM's) much more content, ideas, stuff to steal, borrow for are games.

They could produce 6 magazines a year for 10+ years with a few people converting all the existing dungeon magazine content out for 5e. They could even release 2 hard covers a year doing the same thing that Tales of the Yawning Portal did but with dungeon magazine content.

I don't get it?           Even out source it to a third party to convert and publish with zero risk, but you and I know it would sell regardless.   






Currently I steal (or borrow) from Paizo (Pathfinder) but converting is simple in this edition, so it has not been an issue.
I can not praise them enough and if you did not know they are (or most) former employees of TSR or freelanced for Wizards of the Coast many times.



With new magic items, monsters, character classes, information for players and dungeon masters in pretty much many of the 5e book everyone at the table has been purchasing  the books so I have stayed away from running the current line of 5e releases. I can not blame them, they are starving for content. WotC with a slower release schedule has generated more profit by selling more or less produced books.

I currently have been looking to Pathfinder for guidance to get ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment